Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Next Vacation, and a Mr. Winkie Tease

Much of our time here is spent planning the next rest break.  There is an intense marketplace of bartering ideas and experiences for where you've gone or where you're going for your next break.  It's a critical decision, because the flight schedules out of Kabul are so difficult.  I was tempted by Ed from the office, who had just come back on a route through Cambodia, China, Malaysia and Singapore.  But we've just been through the tiring trip to the US.  I want a simple restful vacation.  So we're going to a beach.  I was looking carefully at the Seychelles and Maldives, since they're relatively close.  But they're phenomenally expensive.  So, while I haven't put in the paperwork yet or reserved the hotel, I'm leaning toward Mauritius, or Ile Maurice, off the eastern coast of Africa.  Come late February, I will have photos to post of it.  In the meantime, tomorrow's return trip (this must be my seventh or so) to Kandahar will have to suffice.  Plus, in other upcoming attractions, I still have to give the inventory of toilet paper and toothpaste I promised a few days ago, and I am collecting more photos of the cats on the compound - including one of the elusive Mr. Winkie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment