Friday, January 7, 2011

A Little Bang

Kabul itself is pretty safe, though admittedly it's the safety that comes from a massive armed security presence, street stops, checkpoints, barriers, high blast-proof walls, etc.  But a couple of days ago less than half an hour after going to work, there was a little thud.  Turns out there was a bomb near a pedestrian bridge maybe a mile from the Embassy.  As usual, the victims were Afghans, not foreigners; I think one was killed and three more injured.  That's maybe just the fourth or fifth incident in Kabul since we've been here.  Most things happen somewhere else.  Like in Ghazni, a province south of Kabul, where I'm going soon; perhaps I'll find something to take a photo of.  After that, the big project for this blog will be a status report on our stockpile of toiletries.  I believe we're in good shape on shampoo, but I'm starting to worry about the toilet paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment