Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year

As a morale-boosting measure, since actually giving people the day off on holidays wasn't really a viable option, it was decided by some wiser than me that what our compound most needed on New Year's Eve was a large bonfire.  After all, we're not Texas A&M students.  I concur with the widely-held view that what Kabul most needs, especially during the winter months, is more particulate matter in the atmosphere, since not everyone in the building has yet succumbed to some sort of respiratory problem.  But I vehemently disagree with those who thought that mere piles of wood were sufficient.  And so I made a suggestion to liven up the celebration.  I was quite pleased with the result.  Sure, there's always one lone voice of protest.  I say, Majority rules, as long as I form a part of it.  And so, while you may have seen bowdlerized versions of the bonfire on Fox News, which I understand was here, below is what really happened.  I'm already starting to think of ways to spice up the Presidents' Day events.

No comments:

Post a Comment